More About Our Products
Experience the distinct flavors of artisan-produced Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flavored Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar of Modena!
All About Tasting!
At any Olive Tap retail store location you can sample an assortment of the most unique, flavorful, and freshest award-winning extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar product selections available. Both the olive oil and balsamic vinegar are stored in large stainless steel urns called Fusti. Side by side, you'll be able to detect the subtle–and sometimes not so subtle–differences in the various extra virgin olive oil, flavored olive oil, and balsamic vinegar products. Once you decide on your favorites, they are bottled on the spot, fresh and wholesome.
Beyond our 100% extra virgin olive oil, flavored oil, and vinegar products (balsamic and wine vinegars), The Olive Tap also offers a broad menu of seasonings, rubs, sea salts, culinary sauces, marinades, tapenades, mustards and jellies.
Our Olive Oil
Unlike mass-produced oils, The Olive Tap offers pure products of the artisan's craft. We and our suppliers travel around the world buying only the freshest and finest extra virgin olive oil and infused olive oil for our stores.
Our customers truly enjoy our unparalleled olive oil sourcing efforts:
- Small batch, artisan-produced and sourced worldwide including countries such as Chile, Greece, Italy, Spain, and the United States (California Olive Oil).
- We pride ourselves on selecting a wide range of varietals (e.g. Arbequina, Ascolano, Koroneiki, Kalamata, Manzanillo and Mission) and flavor profiles.
- First cold-pressed, tested and certified as 100% extra virgin olive oil.
- Tested for the highest quality, low acidity, superior texture and aroma.
- From the tree to our tanks in the shortest time possible, ensuring maximum freshness and extended shelf life.
- Awarding-winning artisans and olive oils, both domestically and internationally.
- Stored and bottled under optimal conditions.
- Proven heart-healthy and cancer-inhibiting benefits.
- A wide-range of flavor profiles to appeal to any palate, including mild to robust extra virgin olive oil, fusion crushed and infused olive oil (e.g. Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, Sorrento Lemon Olive Oil).
Fusion Crushed, Infused, Flavored Olive Oil and Typical Uses:
Various flavoring methods are used to deliver the best tasting oils and use premium, fresh 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil as the base!
Savory Olive Oils: Tuscan Herb, Roasted Garlic, Basil, Herbes de Provence, Sicilian Herbs, Rosemary and Spicy Garlic Parmesan Olive Oils. Usage applications include bread dipping, seasoning meats, seafood and vegetables, vinaigrettes and drizzling over pasta.
Citrus Olive Oils: Lemon, Orange and Lime and Citrus Habanero Olive Oils usage applications include seasoning seafood, chicken, beef, pork and vegetables. Pairs well with Balsamic and Wine Vinegars for fantastic vinaigrettes.
Butter Flavored Olive Oil: For those who want the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil with the creamy, sweet flavor of butter. Usage applications include most culinary situations where the recipe calls for butter, including drizzled over potatoes, sprayed on popcorn, in sauces and brushed on corn on the cob.
Hot Pepper Olive Oils: Our Chipotle, Jalapeño and Hot Pepper and Citrus Habanero flavored EVOOs add zip to any dish.
White Truffle and Porcini Olive Oils: Our White Truffle Oil is in a class by itself. It is Artisan produced in Umbria Italy, using Truffles grown on 12 year organic land and a patented infusion process. The Olive Tap's Porcini olive oil adds an earthy mushroom flavor particularly suited to sauces, risotto, pasta and hearty meats.
Nut & Seed Oils:
Roasted Sesame Oil and French Roasted Walnut Oil: These heart-healthy seed/nut oils have delicious flavors that can be used in cooking, baking and in salads.
Avocado Oil: Heart-healthy and flavor neutral oil; especially useful for higher temperature frying and sautéing.
Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Our Balsamic Vinegar selections are sourced from the most respected producers in Modena, Italy. The artisans making the rare Tradizionale Balsamic Vinegar of Modena have adapted their methods to produce Aceto Balsamico di Modena, thereby meeting the demand for a less expensive but high quality Balsamic Vinegar.
Our Balsamic Vinegar Selections:
- PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) Certified by the European Union. This is your assurance the balsamic vinegar was been produced in Modena, Italy, under strict guidelines for method of production and materials.
- Evaluated by the AIB (Italian Association of Balsamic Tasters) and awarded 3 or 4 leaf quality ratings, 4 leaf being the highest quality.
- Tart to sweet, flavored to non-flavored, white to dark, and medium to thick densities. We can offer taste profiles for just about any palate or application.
Dark Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar: Primarily used in salads, many of these vinegars do double duty as condiments, glazes and marinades. Our most popular Balsamic Vinegar selections include:
- Aceto Balsamico di Modena, 3 and 4 Leaf qualities and Riserva. Our 4 leaf is more dense, sweeter and less acidic than 3 Leaf, and the Riserva is even more dense and sweet.
- Pomegranate, Strawberry, Raspberry, Fig, Black Currant, Bordeaux Cherry Riserva, and many more...
White Balsamic Vinegar: Made with White Trebbiano Grape Must (juice), it does not undergo the cooking and barrel aging process of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. The result is crisp vinegar with a touch of sweetness reminiscent of hand crafted vinegar from northern Italy. Our White Riserva Balsamic Vinegars are thick and sweet.
- Premium White, Sicilian Lemon, Peach, Granny Smith Apple, Strawberry, and more.
- Riserva: Mango, Coconut, Cucumber Melon, and more.
Wine Vinegars: Champagne, Champagne Pear, and new customer favorite Lambrusco.
Vincotto: Sweet velvety vinegar with the subtle overtones of spices, grapes and prunes. Vincotto is made from two varieties of grapes, Negroamaro and Black Malvasia and is reduced it to one fifth of its initial volume, then oak-barrel aged for 4 years. Vincotto is a unique and delicious condiment for hard cheeses, desserts, meats and seafood. We offer Originale, Fig, Lemon,
Raspberry, Orange and Hot Pepper.
Seasonings, Rubs and Sea Salts
The Olive Tap* carries a complete assortment of seasonings, rubs, sea salts, and flavored sea salts and available for in-store tasting. Our premium, seasonings and rubs, and variety of sea salts and peppercorns are freshly hand-packed in our store. Stop using your old and tired spices, taste and see just how superbly fresh your seasonings can be!
*Long Grove and Manitou Springs locations only - check you local store for what may be available