- Featured Sales
- New Arrivals
- Olive Oils
- Nut & Seed Oils
- Gourmet Gifts
- Business and Personal Gift Programs
- Gourmet Specialty Foods
- Sea Salts, Peppercorns, Spices & More
- Dipping & Dispensing
More About Our Products
Experience the distinct flavors of artisan-produced Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flavored Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar of Modena!
All About Tasting!
At any Olive Tap retail store location you can sample an assortment of the most unique, flavorful, and freshest award-winning extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar product selections available. Both the olive oil and balsamic vinegar are stored in large stainless steel urns called Fusti. Side by side, you'll be able to detect the subtle–and sometimes not so subtle–differences in the various extra virgin olive oil, flavored olive oil, and balsamic vinegar products. Once you decide on your favorites, they are bottled on the spot, fresh and wholesome.
Beyond our 100% extra virgin olive oil, flavored oil, and vinegar products (balsamic and wine vinegars), The Olive Tap also offers a broad menu of spices, herbs, seasonings, culinary sauces, marinades, tapenades and jellies.
Learn More...Take a few Video Tours!
Our Olive Oil
Unlike mass-produced oils, The Olive Tap offers pure products of the artisan's craft. We and our suppliers travel around the world buying only the freshest and finest extra virgin olive oil and infused olive oil for our stores.
Our customers truly enjoy our unparalleled olive oil sourcing efforts:
- Small batch, artisan-produced and sourced worldwide including countries such as Chile, Greece, Italy, Spain, Uruguay and the United States (California Olive Oil).
- We pride ourselves on selecting a wide range of varietals (e.g. Arbequina, Ascolano, Koroneiki, Kalamata, Manzanillo and Mission) and flavor profiles.
- First cold-pressed, tested and certified as 100% extra virgin olive oil.
- Tested for the highest quality, low acidity, superior texture and aroma.
- From the tree to our tanks in the shortest time possible, ensuring maximum freshness and extended shelf life.
- Awarding-winning artisans and olive oils, both domestically and internationally.
- Stored and bottled under optimal conditions.
- Proven heart-healthy and cancer-inhibiting benefits.
- A wide-range of flavor profiles to appeal to any palate, including mild to robust extra virgin olive oil, infused olive oil (e.g. Garlic Olive Oil, Lemon Olive Oil), flavored olive oil, and Italian Olive Oil.
Flavored Olive Oil and Typical Uses:
Various flavoring methods are used to deliver the best tasting oils, and unlike many alternative products, ours use 100% extra virgin olive oil as the base!
Infused Olive Oil, Flavored Olive Oil, Garlic Olive Oil & More: Tuscan Herb, Garlic, Basil, Herbes de Provence and Rosemary Olive Oils Usage applications include bread dipping, seasoning meats, seafood and vegetables, vinaigrettes and drizzling over pasta.
Citrus Olive Oils: Lemon, Orange and Lime Olive Oils usage applications include seasoning seafood, chicken and beef, vinaigrettes, as well as dressing vegetables and fruits.
Butter Flavored Olive Oil: For those who want the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil with the creamy, sweet flavor of butter. Usage applications include most culinary situations where the recipe calls for butter, including drizzled over potatoes, sprayed on popcorn, in sauces and brushed on corn.
Hot Pepper Olive Oils: Our Chipotle, Jalapeño and Hot Pepper flavored EVOOs add zip to any dish.
White Truffle Oil and Porcini Olive Oil: Our White Truffle Oil is in a class by itself. It is Artisan produced in Umbria Italy, using Truffles grown on 12 year organic land and a patented infusion process. The Olive Tap's Porcini olive oil adds an earthy mushroom flavor particularly suited to sauces, risotto, pasta and hearty meats.
Nut & Seed Oils:
Roasted Sesame Oil and French Roasted Walnut Oil: These heart-healthy seed/nut oils have delicious flavors that can be
use in cooking, baking and in salads.
Grapeseed Oil & Avocado Oil: Heart-healthy and flavor neutral oils; especially useful for high temperature frying and sautéing.
Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Our Balsamic Vinegar selections are sourced from the most respected producers in Modena, Italy. The artisans making the rare Tradizionale Balsamic Vinegar of Modena have adapted their methods to produce Aceto Balsamico di Modena, thereby meeting the demand for a less expensive but high quality Balsamic Vinegar.
Our Balsamic Vinegar Selections:
- PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) Certified by the European Union. This is your assurance the balsamic vinegar was been produced in Modena, Italy, under strict guidelines for method of production and materials.
- Evaluated by the AIB (Italian Association of Balsamic Tasters) and awarded 3 or 4 leaf quality ratings, 4 leaf being the highest quality.
- Tart to sweet, flavored to non-flavored, white to dark, and medium to thick densities. We can offer taste profiles for just about any palate or application.
Dark Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar: Primarily used in salads, many of these vinegars do double duty as condiments, glazes and marinades. Our most popular Balsamic Vinegar selections include:
- Aceto Balsamico dI Modena, 3 and 4 Leaf qualities. 4 leaf is thicker, sweeter and less acidic than 3 Leaf.
- Pomegranate, Strawberry, Raspberry, Fig, Bordeaux Cherry, and many more...
White Balsamic Vinegar: Not true balsamic vinegar, the white balsamic vinegar was originally developed as an alternative to the dark variety, which would discolor or alter the appearance of certain foods. All are refreshingly sweet, tart and distinct.
- Premium White, Pineapple, Coconut, Lemon, award-winning Peach and more.
Wine Vinegars: Champagne and Champagne Pear, Sherry and Red Wine and Lambrusco.
Vincotto: Sweet velvety vinegar with the subtle overtones of spices, grapes and prunes. Vincotto is made from two varieties of
grapes, Negroamaro and Black Malvasia grapes and reduced it to one fifth of its initial volume, then oak-barrel aged for 4 years.
Vincotto is a unique and delicious condiment for hard cheeses, desserts, meats and seafood.
Spices, Seasonings and Herbs
The Olive Tap* carries a complete assortment of spices, herbs, and seasonings; all available for immediate in-store tasting. With each of our spices, herbs and seasonings freshly hand-packed in our store, you are assured taste satisfaction. Stop using your old and tired spices, taste and see just how superbly fresh your seasonings can be!
*Long Grove location only