Celebrate 10 Years of The Olive Tap with 10 Ways To Incorporate Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Into Your Daily Routine!
On July 1st, 2006, The Olive Tap in Long Grove opened its doors to introduce a new way of experiencing olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Our “taste before you buy” approach introduced customers to a variety of quality olive oils and balsamics, each to be sampled from their stainless steel fusti tanks. While some may have thought this was just another trend that would come and go, 10 years later we are proud to celebrate our anniversary with you. The reason we are here today is quality. Artisan Extra Virgin and Flavored Olive Oils and Italian Balsamic Vinegar from Modena will always be relevant whether they are sought after for their culinary value, health benefits, or simply their overall delectable taste. So celebrate these exemplary products with us with 10 ways to incorporate olive oil and balsamic vinegar into your day! Auguri!
1. Start your morning out right by adding olive oil to your favorite breakfast foods. Drizzle your toast with extra virgin olive oil instead of your favorite spread. Add a spoonful of citrus olive oil to your bowl of oatmeal. If you like something sweeter, consider adding a dash of a fruity or chocolate balsamic vinegar to that same bowl of oatmeal. Drizzle a flavorful olive oil over omelets or whip eggs with olive oil before scrambling in the pan.
2. Liven up your favorite smoothies and shakes by adding a splash of olive oil and/or balsamic vinegar. Olive oil will make for a silkier shake and bring its health benefits too. Balsamics add a delicious fruity tang, plus the health benefits.
3. Thirsty? Drink healthier throughout the day by adding a splash of vinegar to sparkling or plain water. For more complexity of flavors, add in fresh fruit and herbs. Plan ahead and make a pitcher full to enjoy throughout the day.
4. Your skin is thirsty too! Rub olive oil on your skin for a excellent moisturizer (a little goes a long way!) Use before going in the sun for some natural SPF protection. It also makes a wonderful facial cleanser and makeup remover.
5. Hippocrates said “Let food by thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” To be sure your body is getting all it can out of olive oil’s myriad of health benefits, Take a few seconds everyday to enjoy 2 Tablespoons straight out of the bottle. Set an alarm for a certain time everyday to remember and allow it to become a habit.
6. Snack healthy by adding your favorite fruit or chocolate balsamic vinegar to plain yogurt. Drizzle your favorite olive oil and/or balsamic vinegar over popcorn. Halve a avocado and drizzle with citrus or spicy olive oil and a vibrant white balsamic vinegar. It acts a carrier of the flavor and makes such a difference.
7. No time to make dinner? Turn your local take-out pizza into something special by finishing it with a basil or garlic olive oil and a drop of balsamic vinegar. Bringing home hamburgers and fries instead? Turn them into gourmet fries by adding Truffle or Rosemary Olive Oil.
8. Turn any ordinary dessert into extraordinary by adding olive oil or balsamic vinegar. Try our recipes for Olive Oil Sundaes or drizzle Dark Chocolate or any Riserva-style Balsamic over ice cream. Use the Riserva Balsamics to decorate the plate with swirls or dots before placing the dessert. Use to drizzle over cakes, pies, brownies, etc.
9. Making your own sauces is not daunting when you have top olive oils and vinegars for a base. Use 100% EVOO to make your own mayonnaise. Use one of our balsamics to make your own barbecue sauce. Harissa, catsup, pestos and more are all so easy to make. Do not forget to top them with a layer of EVOO before storing in the fridge. This keeps them fresher longer. A good canning tip too!
10. Now that you have had a full day of oils and vinegars, please share! These make a great gourmet gift and with plenty of ideas of how to use them, your family and friends will be eating as healthful and toothsome as you!